The phone shuts off at a percentage between 30 – 80% battery loading.
BQ states that the battery is excluded from the warranty.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE GUARANTEE[…] Normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear on camera lenses, batteries or screens).
Here are the problems starting.
Buying an original battery
I thought that I had no chance to resend the phone, so I changed the battery and bought a new one at empetel. To make it short: This is no solution. I ordered two batteries, the first had the same problems as I had before with my battery so I got a new one which is working. The second also failed and the replacement they send has only about 25% of its designed capacity.
BQ refused to sell me its original batteries! What a shame…
Send the phone back to BQ
This was no option for me because I already “manipulated” the phone. If you do this you will likely get another phone back.
china replacement battery
This is the option which I will now choose. You can get cheap batteries at Aliexpress. I do not trust them to be good but I have no other choice at the moment. There are several regional battery sellers (e.g. Akku King) which also offer this battery.
This is obviously a serial problem with the BQ Aquaris M5. At the moment there is no good option for me and for many others which deal with this problem.
- BQ refuses to sell original spare parts
- Users have to buy dangerous spare parts from china
- Replacement by BQ
- I do not want a new phone
- consumers have to make sure to delete and backup all private data stored in the phone
- Only possible if your are in the warranty period
- Refusing warranty
- BQ knows about this battery problem and still refuses the warranty because I tried to fix it on my own. I would already be happy if they would sell me a new battery
How it should work
If there is a known issue with BQ Aquaris M5 batteries, BQ could be way more accommodating to its users.
- Selling batteries to its users would be an option
- Sending “free” batteries to its users which have this problem and are still under warranty
- Fixing or replacing the phone for users who already opened up the phone
[Update 03.02.207] Tutorial to replace the battery
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
The battery used in the Video can be bought at Amazon from Akku King.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?