Warranty Void – BQ Aquaris M5 battery issue [Update]
The phone shuts off at a percentage between 30 – 80% battery loading.
BQ states that the battery is excluded from the warranty.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE GUARANTEE[…] Normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear on camera lenses, batteries or screens).
Here are the problems starting.
Buying an original battery
I thought that I had no chance to resend the phone, so I changed the battery and bought a new one at empetel. To make it short: This is no solution. I ordered two batteries, the first had the same problems as I had before with my battery so I got a new one which is working. The second also failed and the replacement they send has only about 25% of its designed capacity.
BQ refused to sell me its original batteries! What a shame…
Send the phone back to BQ
This was no option for me because I already “manipulated” the phone. If you do this you will likely get another phone back.
china replacement battery
This is the option which I will now choose. You can get cheap batteries at Aliexpress. I do not trust them to be good but I have no other choice at the moment. There are several regional battery sellers (e.g. Akku King) which also offer this battery.
This is obviously a serial problem with the BQ Aquaris M5. At the moment there is no good option for me and for many others which deal with this problem.
- BQ refuses to sell original spare parts
- Users have to buy dangerous spare parts from china
- Replacement by BQ
- I do not want a new phone
- consumers have to make sure to delete and backup all private data stored in the phone
- Only possible if your are in the warranty period
- Refusing warranty
- BQ knows about this battery problem and still refuses the warranty because I tried to fix it on my own. I would already be happy if they would sell me a new battery
How it should work
If there is a known issue with BQ Aquaris M5 batteries, BQ could be way more accommodating to its users.
- Selling batteries to its users would be an option
- Sending “free” batteries to its users which have this problem and are still under warranty
- Fixing or replacing the phone for users who already opened up the phone
[Update 03.02.207] Tutorial to replace the battery
The battery used in the Video can be bought at Amazon from Akku King.