Review: Seedbox at Seedhost.eu (Video)
Seedhost offers a classical seedbox with access to the RuTorrent Webinterface. You can add new torrents by a monitored folder, by RSS, by IRC (autodl-irssi), by manual uploading the torrent file or by using a browser plugin.
- BitTorrent Sync (now called Resilio Sync)
- RuTorrent + rTorrent
- Squid proxy server
- ProFTPD server
The bold ones have been tested for this review. Rapidleech and Pyload are meant for OCH downloads but didn’t worked well and they looked outdated. I was not able to add my Premiumize account to both plugins.
As soon as the files are downloaded via one of the plugins (RuTorrent, Sabnzbd, …) you can easily access them via an encrypted FTPS or SFTP connection:
FTP is supported by a lot of operating systems and applications and therefore a convenient way to transfer and access the files. You can also add the URL to Kodi and stream the downloaded contents from your seedbox.
- You are located in a EU country but I couldn’t find the GDPR policy. Can you comment on this?
- GDPR is regulation not policy and you have created an account with fake details.
- Do you store logs of any kind while using a seedbox? Can you identify a user which HAS downloaded a certain torrent with your logs?
- Yes we can.
- While using the website, are there any logs stored?
- Yes we do.
- How do you handle DMCA notices?
- If we receive any abuse notice, it will be forwarded to you and you will need to proceed with it.
- did this ever happen?
- No answer
You can create your account with fake details and pay with crypto currencies. Nevertheless your IP address is known to seedhost and it does not look promising that the provider failed to comply with GDPR.
The technical support was excellent. I always got fast answers and all my problems could be solved by the support team in a short time period.
Nevertheless I got no answer to my question concerning the quantity of DMCA take down notices which have been forwarded to customers.
The pricing looks very fair compared to the competitors. The upload traffic is limited, the download traffic is not limited. The connection speed for the shared seedboxes is 10Gbps.
Most of the time the SB mini offer was not available. I used SB8 for this review.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.